Monday, June 9, 2008

A Second Job is provided! Praise God!

Good Day,

I was out on my search for jobs walking throughout downtown Burlington in an attempt to find a secondary job which could compliment my job at Starbucks, which will only be able to provide 15-20 hrs a week. It was hot and sweaty and it seemed as though all of my options for a job had been exhausted. All I could recall was all the stories from fellow GMS'ers whom God had miraculously provided jobs through "random" circumstance." I longed for such an experience.
He provided me with one. Just the events were not as close together. I applied to TJMAX last monday and talked to a guy who said he had one maybe 2 spots to fill. I called back a few days later and talked to someone else and this guy said that they didn't have any positions available. Basically saying that I was hosed. Despite this fact in the middle of my desperate trek through downtown the guy I initially talked to gave me a call saying I could have the job. I start this upcoming monday. I will be working with womens shoes in some capacity, but I am unsure of the specifics as of now.
Lesson I cam away with from God: He is always working to give himself the glory. If I had a solid job right at the beginning I would not have given God the glory, but now it is most obviously due him. I need to be continually trusting him. I need to have the attitude of a child who is always trusting his parents with his safety. Trusting them that going down a slide is safe despite the child not knowing what is at the bottom of the slide.

Prayer List
- For those who do not have jobs. It can be rather depressing to be consistently turned down. Pray for their emotional health and for them to get jobs as well.
- Praise God for me getting a job.

-Jon

1 comment:

mkarolak said...

Sweet man! Will be praying big things for you. I'm happy you're doing well.

Matt