Friday, August 1, 2008

Week 9 GMS

Greetings and Salutations Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's the FINAL countdown! Bringing it back to the 80's and big hair along with the end to a tremendous summer where much Spiritual and character growth has been made. I am sad to leave but also excited to return back to my family and friends in Tucson. Not to excited about the heat, but that is just how AZ rolls. I have made some sweet friendship here that I believe will last a lifetime. We may not keep in constant contact but I am sure that we will be able to pick up wherever we left off.

After a brief analysis of what subjects God brought to light and done work upon this is what I have come up with:
-Gentleness in rebuke
-Pride(This one God did tremendous work upon but there is much more to be done)
-The Importance and impact of prayer
-Respecting and loving those I would not usually respect
-That my Faith is legit and is not based of of feelings
-Denying the ideal of having a works based salvation
-The importance and sweetness of the body of Christ
-Me sharing my life with others is not me being prideful and only thinking of myself.
-Recognizing that music is an idol in my life
-My school work needs to be done to the glory of God, not in the laze fare way in which I have gone about it in the past.
-Experiencing and having joy in weakness.

I could could much more in depth on any of these subjects but that email would be out of control so I am not going to do that, but if you want to hear more about a specific subject that you can just feel free to ask me about it.

I will leave you with a verse that has been a encouraging one throughout the summer. I have probably mentioned it before but it continually needs to be pounded into my being.

Ephesians 2:8-10
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

God does it all. No wait is placed upon me and my weak shoulders. There is truth here but the complete heart knowledge still remains to be had.

Prayer
-That there would be lasting change for myself and everyone involved in the program. That we would not immediately return to our old habits once outside of Burlington.
-Safe Travel for all of us.
-My Christian co-worker's church is on the verge of a possible split over some seemingly petty things. My desire is that you would pray for wisdom for everyone involved and Christ like thinking and hearts.

Thank you guys for reading all my babble throughout the summer.
Good day
-Jon


1 comment:

exdeadhead said...

See you manana. Please print your post and look forward to some loving, fatherly sanity check.

Or, maybe I can learn a thing or two. (Haha good luck with that.)

--Dad