Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week 5 (woof its already halfway done)

Good day guys,

God has been doing so much business over the past 5 weeks. Some of it has been made known to me while a large majority of it has been done underneath the surface. I am in a state and praise and thankfulness to God. He has increased my view of him and his power immensely.

My time at TJMAXX has been good and bad, but most times it has left me with an immense joy because of what God has done in my life. I am all alone in a back room by myself for about 7 hours whenever I work there. These times have led to excellent stretches of thinking and verse memorization. I listen to a sweet sermon by John Piper a couple of weeks ago titles “The Danger of Drifting from the Word.” It in he talks about God giving us a simple command from Hebrews 2 to just simply “listen or look” to Jesus. It has been awesome to live this out and see how many other things in my life have fallen into place as a result. The simplicity of it all continues to blow my mind.

During these times my thoughts have started drifting towards the up and coming semester. I am really excited about it. It is going to be really hard but really good. I am excited to finally honor God with my studies. In the past I have viewed them as “unspiritual” or as something that doesn’t have any worth in “God’s country.” FALSE! This is one of the biggest areas in my life to worship God.

I am also really excited to lead a bible study with my really good friend Andy. The ideas are racing on what can be done to benefit these freshman men in their spiritual walk with God. Prayers concerning this would be that the bible study would be unified and that during this first year they would develop a deep love for the word. That the focus would not be on Andy and myself but that we would be able to get out of the way and that their focus would only be on God.

Update concerning the girl I work with: She did not come to the barbeque unfortunately but I am still hopeful for further interactions at work. I have yet so speak to her again but I work tomorrow morning so hopefully she will be working.

I have yet to have a solid talk with the guy on my team. I am also unsure where the spirit is leading on that who situation. Prayer for wisdom on whether I should initiate at all. I already have many relationships to invest in while I am here. Does God desire me to invest in this one as well?

Prayer

- God would continue to provide opportunities to portray Christ to my coworkers, and by his grace and to my joy share the gospel with them.

- For continued team unity.

- For the girl at my work and my coworkers in general.

- Safe travels this weekend. ( I am going to visit some Aunt and Uncles this weekend in New York whom I havn’t seen for 2 years)

Thanks for praying guys, Glory and Honor be to God.

Jon

No comments: